Monthly Archives: November 2013

November 29th: Somewhat running

All compiler errors are fixed, all build errors are fixed, and it’s even run without crashing. Admittedly, when it did so it also didn’t do much of anything else, since in the process of porting some of the event chain … Continue reading

Posted in Daily Update, Programming | Leave a comment

November 28th: Thanksgiving

Didn’t get a lot done today for obvious reason. Fixed a coupla bugs, dug up another one which should be relatively easy to solve now that I’ve found it. … Just remembered I’m supposed to post a weekly devblog tomorrow. … Continue reading

Posted in Daily Update, Programming | Leave a comment

November 27th: Run Time

Okay I’ve got all the xml shit sorted out. I’ve got all of the compiler errors sorted out. I’ve figured out how to get a proper unqualified path so that I can actually load the resources that the game needs … Continue reading

Posted in Daily Update, Programming | Leave a comment

November 26th: Parse for the Core

I originally wanted to spent an hour or two getting xml parsing, editing, saving, etc working today and the rest on fixing inevitable runtime errors, but as it turned out I had to spend all day on xml. Really stupid … Continue reading

Posted in Daily Update, Programming | Leave a comment

November 25th: Unimplemented?

I eliminated all of the compiler errors I was getting from the haxe compiler only to get some errors from the generated C++ files. I’m not 100% certain what’s going on, but I suspect that the flash.XML libraries aren’t actually … Continue reading

Posted in Daily Update, Programming | Leave a comment

November 24th: Less Than a Thousand

So trying to build the project after the initial host of syntax corrections originally resulted in an error log that couldn’t be displayed because it overran the output buffer. Apparently 1000 simultaneous error messages is the maximum, because for yesterday … Continue reading

Posted in Daily Update, Programming | Leave a comment

November 23rd: Still distant

90-95% turned out to be hugely overoptimistic. I’m still sorting through the 1000+ errors it spat out. On the plus side, I’m making a ton of little improvements as I go. I’ve made my Entity behavior class and my particle … Continue reading

Posted in Daily Update, Programming | Leave a comment