Okay I’ve got all the xml shit sorted out. I’ve got all of the compiler errors sorted out. I’ve figured out how to get a proper unqualified path so that I can actually load the resources that the game needs to run. Now, I just need to sort through all of the run-time errors.
Well, I knew this was coming, but I didn’t know how much I’d miss the Flash debugger. I may try to build the project into Flash if I can figure out a way to handle all of the file IO stuff just so I get more useful error messages and my breakpoint debugging works. Either way, progress is being made, and I’m getting very close indeed to having the game up and running again. So, yay.