Monthly Archives: May 2013

May 31st: More… collision… crap.

I guess I missed a day. The nights when I write the weekly digests are hard to keep the daily devblog updated on because, well, that’s two updates. I just spent a few more hours prodding at the collision detection … Continue reading

Posted in Animation, Daily Update, Music, Programming | Leave a comment

May 29th: Um. Yeahhh. Mmhm. Yup.

At this point I’m just picking at my code. I found several major bugs, fixed them, and the collision code still doesn’t work right, though it’s definitely closer now than it was before. Soo… just… keep picking at it, I … Continue reading

Posted in Daily Update, Programming | Leave a comment

May 28th: Poke poke poke

I’ve mentioned this before, but the experience of programming these tricky bits of the engine feels a lot like the way I’ve been playing Dark Souls. I feel around the edges looking for weak points that I can chisel away … Continue reading

Posted in Daily Update, Programming | Leave a comment

May 27th: Bits and Pieces

Well, I figured out what was causing the build errors without too much trouble, so now the entire thing builds, no problem. The collision is completely broken, which is disappointing but not too surprising, so tomorrow is going to be … Continue reading

Posted in Daily Update, Programming | Leave a comment

May 26th: Crap.

Oops, forgot a day again. I actually got a lot done yesterday, but ended up being busy enough that I completely spaced on the devblog update. I got a couple of hours of programming in and addressed all of the … Continue reading

Posted in Daily Update, Music, Programming | Leave a comment

May 25th: A steaming hunk of something

Well, I’ve got a collision detection function. Whether it is a functioning function or not has yet to be discovered, but it’s certainly complicated enough. Right now I’m still untangling the other mess I left for myself when I decided … Continue reading

Posted in Animation, Daily Update, Programming | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

May 24th: Still in the vague region of the drawing board…

I started implementing the solution I wrote up yesterday and discovered a minor issue in my methodology. Because I’m doing this in a much more controlled way than I approached it last time, this was actually a fairly easy issue … Continue reading

Posted in Daily Update, Programming | Leave a comment