Okay I think I got all the draw code stuff sorted out. Turns out the stuff I wasn’t doing wasn’t way too heavy after all, there was just some garbage in my code that was making everything exponentially worse… or close to it. Basically there was a multiplication symbol in there instead of an addition symbol which can really quickly get out of hand when it comes to image memory.
I’ll be honest, I’m pretty proud of this animation class. It’s one of the better tools I think I’ve made here. Now I daydream of adding support for skeletal animation, kinematics, gpu rendering… hmmm.
Anyway spent most of today cleaning, so pretty tired. Still, got in some writing and piano practice and such.