Put another hour into working on the tiles. I decided to break out all the tree stuff into a separate tileset, so now this is just the tiles for grass, dirt, stone, and rope, which should cover most of the terrain for the first area of the game. They’re still flat color, but I’ve started breaking up the shapes a bit and adding a bit of detail, particularly when it comes to transitions between types.
It’s going to be a bit of a squeeze to fit all the necessary tiles in here, but I should be able to manage. Once the rough tiles are all in place, I’ll get them into the game for testing, and then if everything looks okay in action I’ll start adding detail.