Monthly Archives: February 2015

February 18th: Repave

Argh I end up just going over the same code over and over again. Most of today was taken up with improving the slope climbing stuff I did last time. It’s better now, so that’s something. Ground tracking still needs … Continue reading

Posted in Daily Update, Programming | Leave a comment

February 17th: Smooth

More collision work. I’ve been really frustrated that this is going slow, but I think it’s in the nature of collision work. I mean, literally every moment of the game will be the player interacting with this code, and any … Continue reading

Posted in Daily Update, Programming | Leave a comment

February 14th, 15th, 16th: Sporadic

Sorry about missing updates, but nothing very interesting happened and I’ve been a bit busy to update regularly. Collision detection keeps getting marginally better, and I’ve tested against all slopes under all circumstances I can think of… he started to … Continue reading

Posted in Daily Update, Programming | Leave a comment

February 13th: Slow Down

Last few days have been kinda intense so I took it a bit easy today. Problems with bottom slopes proved to be a bit trickier than I thought. In the worst case, I could address this just by never using … Continue reading

Posted in Daily Update, Programming | Leave a comment

February 11th/12th: Tweaks

Spaced on yesterday’s update because I was busy, but I ended up doing a lot today. Started off with getting the collision detection, uh, mostly working. Steep slopes finally finally finally fucking work right, and the last few problems are … Continue reading

Posted in Daily Update, Programming | Leave a comment

February 10th: Walls

Feeling very frustrated and a bit discouraged. Got collision working the way I intended it to only to find that the character STILL behaves inconsistently on steep slopes. Also found a problem with the way I implemented ground tracking, ALSO … Continue reading

Posted in Daily Update, Programming | Leave a comment

February 9th: Argh

I had collision detection that worked for like 99% of collisions, but there was some kind of issue when moving along tile borders on steep slopes. I restructured the collision code substantially, which has totally broken it for now and … Continue reading

Posted in Daily Update, Programming | Leave a comment