Sigh. Well, there’s plenty left to be done, that’s for sure.
First, there’s the stuff that’s just been sitting around waiting for me to tackle it: Attack collision detection, Special effects, saving and loading game-state changes. Then, there’s the polish stuff, issues with the tile editor that could use improvement, etc. Then there’s newly introduced bugs.
So here’s a list of the old and the new. Red is TOP PRIORITY stuff, that definitely will need to be tackled before I can make any real progress on content. Obviously this is subject to change:
- Game-state changes (recording defeated enemies, found items, triggered events, etc)
- Attack registration and collision with entities
- Dialogue management
- Text captions
- Animation registration points and derived effects
- Improvements to Tile Editor:
- Option to automatically link tile appearance to tile shape
- Fix alignment issues w/ menus and dropper
- Add ability to invert collision mesh within selected area
- Manage loading levels better (consistent & simple) – currently is inconsistent and unreliable
- Manage loaded level assets (particles etc) better – figure out when the best time to pre-load is
- Main menu
- Load game
- Multiple profiles
- Improvements to Particle System
- Can be spawned by entity events
- Can play sound
- Collision with defined shapes (must be efficient)
- Spawn masking
- Dynamic zoom?
- Graphics post-processing? (offload to C++ sub-program?)
- Special effects
- Reflective floors
- Water reflections/rippling
- Screen shake
- Basic lighting
- Lighting editor?
Well, there will probably be more. But this is definitely enough to get on with.